Expression of Interest to participate in Diwali Mela Cultural – get your EOIs in by 1 Oct 2023
Audition will be on 15 October 2023 at 9AM at Indian Community Centre.
“Diwali Mela 2023” is on November 4 & 5 at Langley Park, Perth from 3 pm to 9.30 pm. To participate in Diwali Mela 2023, or for more information, please contact Diwali Mela 2023 Cultural Coordinator Mr Jai Chetnani 0416 723 688 at email@example.com, or the event coordinator Mr Subrata Bhattacharjee 0404 275 345 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detailed schedule for auditions will be sent two weeks before the Audition date. Only selected teams will be auditioned with costumes on the Audition Day.
• Scrutiny of application forms will be after the Expression of Interest Application (EOI) due date and only the programs and performances selected based on the applications will be called for the first screening auditions (dates will be announced soon). Event Organisers and the Cultural Committee Team’s decisions are final in this regard.
• Diwali Mela 2023 showcases the cultures of different states in India through the different styles of dance such as Folk, Classical, Contemporary and Bollywood. Skits, Mimes, Musical Dance Dramas, are also encouraged. Solo performances, dancers and singers maybe allowed depending on the program availability and group performances are always preferred. There should be a maximum of 18 performers only in any group performance. Event Organisers will consider a larger group than the maximum number permitted only if it is necessary and performance is of a very high standard.
• A Maximum of 6 to 8 minutes will be allocated for each item. Performances exceeding 8 minutes will not be accepted except where absolutely necessary for the theme of the event and approved by the Cultural Committee Team 2023.
• All performing groups must attend the screening auditions as mentioned with their full team and perform their complete program. The quality of the program will be evaluated in the screening and feedbacks will be provided to the respective teams during the screening process.
• Teams which have been screened and selected by the cultural committee will have to do a description write-up of your performance program as it will be required for the MCs to introduce your team during the event. Only the assigned MCs of the event will be permitted to introduce the teams or dance groups. Please ensure the write out has maximum 100-word count only.
• All prop(s) (if any) that the team is planning to use should be used in the screening auditions and the cultural committee team must be updated and informed.
• The quality of music should be of top quality & in MP3 format only. Please send the music files in advance by email to email@example.com at least 1 week prior to the audition date or earlier.
• Two free tickets will be allotted for the coordinators and one for each performer.
• Every participating group has to provide one volunteer during the main function. This is a compulsory requirement to be selected to perform in this event (for props assistance, etc.)
• Performance requirements/program sequencing will be decided and controlled by the Event Organisers only.
• Please provide any special AV requirements or Light Blockings to the mentioned email as soon as possible to assist the stage crew and also mention your preferred day of performance either Saturday, Sunday or both days.
Note: Detailed schedule for the auditions will be sent two weeks before the Audition date.